We are excited to announce that Graves Elementary School has formed a COMMUNITY FOUNDATION to enlist private resources “You” in supporting programs and projects which will supplement and enhance the educational programs at Graves Elementary.
Graves Community Foundation will focus ENTIRELY on assisting teachers with their needs that are not met by public school funding. You are an integral part of making this happen. It is a true statement that “It takes a village to raise a child.” You are part of our village and your donations, your investment, in our children will be part of their success story.
Assisting teachers and their students includes:
- Help supply teacher’s classroom needs throughout the year. There is a lot not furnished by the County and the teachers reach in their personal pockets to bridge the gaps. That is just wrong… but they do it.
- Hiring lunch monitors so teachers can have their lunch (and a break) in the newly decorated teachers’ lounge.
- “Thank you” activities for Teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- One-on-one and small group student tutoring.
- Classroom furniture (teacher’s desk, floor rugs, etc.) Yes, really, teachers are expected to furnish their own desks and classroom amenities.
- Assistance to Counselors with the school pantry so no child has to go home hungry.
With the creation of the Graves Community Foundation, we have joined a growing number of school communities that seek different funding methods to bridge the gap between school budgets and the funds necessary to provide an exceptional public education. The Foundation (a 501©(3) ) allows individuals, corporations and small businesses the opportunity to put their tax deductible donations to work LOCALLY. Go to the heart of what is the key purpose of this request – our children, our teachers and school. We ask that you choose to invest in our children and their future.